POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Pyramid fractal sort of.... : Re: Pyramid fractal sort of.... Server Time
4 Oct 2024 03:19:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pyramid fractal sort of....
From: Charles Krause
Date: 23 Apr 1999 19:48:56
Message: <3720f8d8.0@news.povray.org>

>Here is a small cool 3D fractal I slamed together. I don't know what it's
>called but I recon it's closely related to the fractal in the "fractal
>cheese" posting.

>Don't complain about the floor! =)

I don't know what it's called, but it's got an official name in mathamatics.

Would you be willing to post the recursive macro you used?

Oh, BTW, this is the default 'floor' I use in all my images.... it's a bit
more interesting :)

plane {
         y, 0
         texture {
                    pigment { checker color rgb 1.0, color rgb 0.1 }
                    finish { reflection 0.05 ambient 0.0 }
                    normal { quilted scale 1/2 }
                    }
         }